Thursday 15 June 2017

Buttercream icing - Anna Olsen....decorating the Red Velvet Cake

I did not add lemon, just the vanilla

Pot of simmering water, egg white and sugar in the steel bowl. Stir constantly, no taking a break!

Beat until double the volume (meringue), I put stars beside the 6 minutes in the directions

Room temperature butter; cut in small pieces so it blends in faster and smoother.

It comes together very quickly!

Thick and smooth, spreads easily.

I was disappointed with the colour and the dense texture.

Flip the cake upside down, cut the rounded top off first if necessary.

I made a 1/2 cake...4 people. The icing was so rich we had a small piece each.

I like to put lots of icing on top, then push it over the sides. I find it easier. Most instructions say sides first, then top.

I used a huge star decorating nib (the icing is very thick).

maybe too much icing......

The vertical line was from a bamboo skewer (I drove the cake to Burnaby and I wanted to stabilize the layers)

No comments:

Post a Comment