Tuesday 8 August 2017

blueberry crisp (tapioca starch as a thickener)


I am putting my favourite recipes into one book 
I heat the 1 cup of the berries + water  in the microwave for 2 minutes on high to extract juice.

I stir in the sugar that has been mixed with the starch (to prevent lumping) then boil 2 minutes until thickened.

Tapioca starch thickens more than cornstarch. You can find with Asian groceries.
I was a little short on blueberries so picked the blackberries, blueberries and currants out of a blend.


I stirred the frozen berries into the cooked mixture.

not a sweet mixture
Remember to use a dry measuring cup and pack down the brown sugar.

I always use Alton Brown's suggestion of a grater for ice cold butter 

I use my hand to combine the topping

I bake in my counter top convection oven


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such useful information. I really enjoyed while reading your article and it is good to know the latest updates. Do post more. And also read about

    Tapioca Starch Suppliers

    ReplyDelete