Sunday 20 August 2017

unicorn icing - I put the colours in the bag using a knife - I did not know Wilton made chamber bags that separate 2-3 icing colours!

I google searched unicorn cupcakes. One suggested stuffing the inside with icing stars or sprinkles. I pushed a space in the cake using an apple corer, then poured in the stars.

The icing bag can rest in a cup to add the icing.

I used a large star dot nib.

the icing is all butter, cream and clear vanilla flavouring - you could also add butter flavouring. I always sift the icing sugar.

Time to colour! remember to use a new tooth pick each time to avoid adding icing to the colour pot.

I went dark with the colours.

I used a dinner knife to add a row of each colour

If it is easier to add colours while holding the bag do that instead of using the glass.

I smooth down the icing using a bowl/bench scraper. A student showed me this !  It helps avoid air pockets

I had never done this before; I am happy with the results!

I found it easier to put the cupcakes in the pan and decorate.

Colourful display

Left over using on the left over cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment